We’re all about laid-back, low-key summer fun – but sometimes it takes a little planning ahead to make room for all that lazing around. In Episode 51 Meagan and Sarah talk about getting organized for summer – from what to do with the avalanche of school papers that come home this time of year, to looking at the calendar and making room for the stuff (literal and figurative) that matters.
Whether you’re days (yay!) or weeks (hang in there, mama) away from summer’s official start, we hope you’ll join us!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 51:
- Last year’s end-of-school podcast where we laughed – and griped – about this time of year
- On dealing with the paper onslaught…
- On purging clothes and toys…
- On planning the calendar and bucket lists
- Sarah’s Summer Mom Manifesto (kind of like a bucket list, but with more holes) (The Happiest Home)
- A dissenting opinion on bucket lists from our friend Sarah Stewart Holland at bluegrass redhead
- Sarah’s “just structured enough” summer schedule for kids (The Happiest Home)
A Get-Ready-For-Summer GIVEAWAY!
If you don’t already have a copy of our Summer Shortcuts eBook, we’re giving it away! All you have to do is leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how) and leave a comment here on the show notes letting us know you did (if you left one long ago, just comment and tell us that). Be sure to leave a valid email address when you comment, and we’ll send everyone who comments by May 31 a copy of the book!