We take the long view when it comes to feeding a family: What kind of food experiences and memories do we want our kids to have? What’s the culture around the dishes we serve and the tone around the table? And what are the core values around food and eating that we strive for in our families? In Episode 244 Meagan and Sarah share some of the “food truths” we aim for in our homes, as well as some specific areas of feeding a family that are working well right now (and a few that could use a 2020 reset). Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Ritual
Ritual is the obsessively-researched vitamin for women. From D3 to Omega 3, Ritual’s Essential for Women helps fill gaps in a woman’s diet. A subscription is easy to start, and, it’s easy to snooze. It’s only a dollar a day to have all the essential nutrients your body needs, delivered every month – no strings attached. Get 10% off during your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR
Sponsor Spotlight: Bombas
Bombas are the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. They’re made from super-soft, natural cotton, and every pair comes with arch support, a seamless toe, and a cushioned foot-bed that’s comfy but not too thick. And for every Bombas purchase you make, Bombas donates a pair to someone in need. For 20% OFF your first purchase go to bombas.com/themomhour
Download A Podcast Club Host Kit!
You love listening to The Mom Hour – and you love your friends. Now we’re giving you a way to bring the two together by hosting a Podcast Club evening in your home. We’ll provide everything you need to make it a special night; you just invite your friends, and enjoy!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 244:
- Meagan and Sarah’s aspirational food truths:
- We are grateful for the work that went into preparing every meal, whether or not we enjoy the food.
- We all have a part to play in making a successful family dinner
- We linger at the dinner table.
- We give everyone a chance to speak and be heard
- We try new things.
- We celebrate old favorites.
- Check out more episodes on the topic of feeding a family
- Meagan talked about her budget overhaul in Episode 205 from April 2019
- You can sign up now for the Life, Listened course Make Money Podcasting