Today we’re looking back on past summers and remembering the choices we appreciate and the ones we regret. This is a fantastic episode to listen to if you’re starting to plan your summer! We cover family traditions, camps, childcare, travel, and overall philosophies for fun (with boundaries). There’s a fine line between unstructured leisure time and going off the rails, and hopefully our reflections will help you find the right balance for your family. Join us!
About Our Sponsors
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything.
Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Gryphon is a super fast mesh wifi router system that was created by parents who wanted a better way to control their families’ internet. You can easily set it up with an app, and then it filters out inappropriate content and malware for all the devices connected to it.
Go to gryphonconnect.com and use the code MOM25 for 25% off your order.
Racing Ace is a fast-paced, STEM-themed series, and I love that it features a capable, clever girl as the main character. The first book in the Racing Ace series is called “Drive It! Fix It!”
“Racing Ace” and the entire Acorn series of books are available wherever books are sold!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- The Lazy Genius talks about opening ceremonies
- If you have topic suggestions for this Glad I Did / Wish I’d Done series, email us!
- Sarah loves What Do We Do All Day for kids’ book lists by ages (and don’t forget she hosted a podcast all about kids’ books from 2018-2020: Kidliterate!)
- Check out our Family Travel Hub
- Listen to these related episodes: Preparing Kids (And Ourselves!) For Summer Independence, A Summertime Chores, Life Skills & Freedoms Reset, and It’s Time To Plan For Summer