Settle in for a books chat! Sarah is joined by two guest co-hosts from our contributor team today: Joanna and Katherine. Both are former educators and avid readers, here with lots to say about books. We touch on our reading lives as moms, what we’re reading lately, and how and when we prefer to do our reading. Then we dive into book recommendations for kids – starting with babies and moving all the way up through teens. This episode is for anyone who loves to read or aspires to read more – grab a warm beverage and join us!
About Our Sponsors
All book titles mentioned in this episode can be found on this Bookshop.org list – if you choose to make a purchase, you’ll be helping support indie bookstores AND our podcast (we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you).
Other links we mentioned:
- Watch Joanna’s IG Takeover and read her blog posts
- Watch Katherine’s IG Takeover and read her blog posts
- Katherine was part of Pandemic Babies series
- Joanna contributed to A Week Of Real-Life Dinners
- We talked about Kindles:
- Epic read-to-me books are great for pre-readers
- We mentioned #bookstagram, Goodreads, and the Libby app as a way to discover and discuss book recs
- Joanna loves Laura Tremaine and Annie Jones
- Katherine listens to writing podcasts like Sh*t No One Tells You About Writing and The Happy Writer to discover new authors and new books
- We all love Kelsey and Erica from The Girl Next Door, who share about their reading lives regularly on the podcast and on their socials
- We love shopping at our local bookstores! Katherine’s is Bel Canto Books and Sarah’s is Chaucer’s. Bookshop.org is a great online retailer that supports indie booksellers everywhere.
- Katherine loves the books for babies that come with Lovevery subscription boxes (For free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kit visit lovevery.com/themomhour)
- Joanna has had good luck with nonfiction titles published by Usborne