What do parades, pretend play, Dr. Seuss books, and playground swings have in common? If you’re a longtime listener, you already know the answer. They’re all things Meagan and Sarah kinda-sorta hate and aren’t ashamed to admit it.
Episode 109 is an encore presentation of one of our most popular episodes to date–the one where we confess to hating fun. You’ll hear an update on how things have changed for us in the fun-hating department and lots of fresh commentary and new laughs on the subject, plus a re-airing of the best parts of the original gripe-session. Join us!
- For The Mom Who Hates The Swings, It’s OK To Be A Boring Grownup, and Know Your Strengths – posts of Meagan’s on The Happiest Home
- Meagan’s interview with Read Aloud Revival‘s Sarah Mackenzie
- Raising joyful readers: It’s a family affair (Sharon Holbrook for The Washington Post)
- Sarah’s library uses the Overdrive app for free digital (audio and ebook) downloads – yours may use the same, or something similar!
- The Case For Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World (book by Susan Linn)