Navigating decisions as a mom is hard enough; feeling judged, criticized, or shamed for those decisions? That feels like garbage. After years of practice, Meagan and Sarah have words of encouragement for dealing with criticism, including six things to keep in mind when you’re feeling judged by others about your parenting.
PLUS Katie Addiss joins Sarah for an update on her life as a mom of two littles. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Canvas People
What are we doing with all these photos on our phones, mamas? Now you can print your favorites on a beautiful piece of art with Canvas People. Get your own 11×14 Canvas People print for FREE (you just pay shipping and handling) when you visit CanvasPeople.com and use our special code MOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hydralyte
Hydralyte is a clinical hydration product that comes in great flavors and is available as a pre-mixed drink, a powder, or effervescent tablets. Compared to sports drinks, Hydralyte delivers up to FOUR TIMES the electrolytes with 75% less sugar. Available on Amazon or at Hydralyte.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 165:
- Dealing With Criticism (The Mom Hour, Episode 26)
- What’s your parenting Achilles’ heel? (Meagan for The Happiest Home, 2012)
- Pants On Fire Podcast from Gen-Z and PRX
- Katie mentioned this recipe for fish taco / tuna salad sauce from Simply Gourmet
- Katie used a bin like this for memory keeping, and Sarah uses these Lakeshore Learning keepsake portfolios
- Katie wrote up her memory-keeping strategy in a post on the blog!
Queue It Up!
We’re recommending Episode 62 from August 1, 2016: Things We Shouldn’t Have Freaked Out About (Starting School Edition). Turns out, all our worries when our kids were first starting preschool and kindergarten were for naught. Mostly.