Self-discovery doesn’t always coincide with becoming a mom, but for many of us the identity shift that begins in new motherhood continues down a path of personal development through personality profiling, self-help books, and other modes of learning. In Episode 203 Meagan and Sarah look at our own interest in personality tests and self-discovery, and how knowing yourself as a mom can make you a more compassionate parent, partner and friend. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 35,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Curated collections and best-selling series keep kids engaged and interested. Get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hopster
Hopster is a subscription app for kids 2-6 where kids can access high-quality shows, learning games, fun music, and more. Head to hopster.tv, select USE VOUCHER, and enter code themomhour (all lowercase!) to get an extended 1-month free trial.
Sponsor Spotlight: Captain Marvel Secret Skrulls
Got a Marvel fan in your house? Take the superhero movie storyline from the screen to the family table with Captain Marvel Secret Skrulls, a new game from USAOpoly. Look for Captain Marvel Secret Skrulls in the video or games aisle at your local Target, or purchase online here.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 203:
- Enneagram resources:
- We like this free test from eccelecticenergies.com
- We like the 9 Type Descriptions found at enneagraminstitute.com
- We’ve both read The Road Back To You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery (affiliate link) by Ian Morgan Cron
- We recommend the full Myers-Briggs type descriptions found here, and a more in-depth explanation of the Myers-Briggs letters found here
- Take the Five Love Languages quiz here
- Take Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies Quiz
- Sarah mentioned Gift From The Sea (affiliate link) by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- We talked about books by Brene Brown and Rachel Macy Stafford (affiliate links)
- Meagan mentioned Comfortable with Uncertainty: 108 Teachings (affiliate link) by Pema Chodron