Meagan’s last three Christmases have played out like a sad country song (divorce! family emergency! breakup!), and this year she’s going ALL IN on festiveness in an effort to reset the tone for the season and find new ways to enjoy and embrace the holidays as a mom of older kids. There will be Nutcrackers, Messiahs, baking, multiple advent calendars, and even (teen-willing) some ambitious exterior illumination. Sarah’s asking the questions today and Meagan is here for all of us who want to kick off the season with maximum enthusiasm. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Skylight Frames
Skylight is a digital photo frame you can email photos to—anytime, from anywhere. Set it up in under 60 seconds…just plug it in, connect to wifi, and enjoy! Get $10 off your purchase of a Skylight frame when you enter code MOM at skylightframe.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 35,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Epic! is nurturing a love of reading and learning in millions of children around the world.
Get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Save The Children
For 100 years, compassionate people like you have been supporting Save The Children’s mission – that the world’s most marginalized and deprived children have a healthy start in life, access to a basic education and protection from harm. Today is Giving Tuesday, a global day of generosity. Today, for every donation Save the Children receives, a generous donor will match your gift! Make change for children today or any day by giving at SaveTheChildren.org/holiday
Sponsor Spotlight: Native
Native makes safe, effective deodorant made with clean ingredients you’ll recognize, like tapioca starch, shea butter and coconut oil–and without the ingredients you don’t want. To save 20% off your first purchase, visit nativedeodorant.com and use promo code THEMOMHOUR at checkout.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 237:
- Meagan talked with her sister about her medical emergency during the holidays in Surviving A Major Health Scare with Kathreen Francis: Voices 25 (from May 2018)
- Check out our blog post 6 Easy (We Promise!) Homemade Holiday Gifts You Can Make With Your Kids
- All of the advent calendars Meagan purchased for her kids this year can be found in our Amazon Store (affiliate links)
- Listen to our two holiday bonus series: Creating Holiday Memories (Noticing, Appreciating and Capturing), and Holiday Shopping (Organizing, Planning & Purchasing, Small Business, Maker & Handmade, and Storing, Wrapping & Opening)
- Be sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Photo by Toni Cuenca on Unsplash
Leave a Reply