How do we nurture the friendships we have? How to we make time to see our friends in person? How can technology support long-distance (and not-so-long-distance) friendships? These questions get tricky during the busy years of new motherhood, but they’re important no matter what phase of life you’re in. We’ve talked about friendship in other episodes, but it’s been mostly focused on either making new friends or feeling distanced from friends who aren’t in the same stage of life you are. Episode 78 is all about the daily practice of being a friend to the people already in your life – near and far.
- Other podcast episodes about friendship
- How To Make Mom Friends (The Home Hour, Episode 32)
- Online Pals Turned Real-Life Friends (The Mom Hour Episode 49) – There’s a bit of audio trouble in the beginning of this one, but stick with it
- In Episode 41 of The Mom Hour we take a listener question about how to handle friendships strained by different phases of life/motherhood (skip to 32:45 to hear our answer)
- Get started with Google Hangouts
- Voxer and Anchor – the audio-based apps for when you just want to SPEAK
- 5 Rules for Hosting a Crappy Dinner Party (Kelley Powell for The Kitchn)