When they’re tiny, babies and toddlers need us so much that “spending time” together is mostly about fulfilling their needs. But as kids get older and more independent, how do we prioritize time together in a way that naturally suits each kid’s (and each mom’s) personality and needs? In today’s episode, regular contributors Joanna and Joanne discuss how they approach one-on-one time with their kids (spoiler alert–it can be super simple) and how sometimes, WE can be our biggest road blocks to making it happen. Enjoy!
If you haven’t already listened to Tuesday’s episode, we recommend starting there before hitting play on this one!
All month long we’re bringing back some beloved episodes from the early years of The Mom Hour – with fresh bonus conversations dropping every Friday on the same topic! Here’s a playlist of some of our very favorite classic oldies – and here’s a full list of every episode in chronological order.
- Follow Joanna Martin on Instagram
- Follow Joanne Ruelos Diaz on Instagram
- Joanna mentioned Kathryn Whitaker, a blogger with six kids, who blogs about spending time with each child (here’s where Kathryn talks about 10 year old trips)
- Joanne mentioned doing anti-coloring books with her son.
- Interested in learning what Harry Potter House you’re in? Joanne and Joanna took the quiz to find out they are Huffelpuffs!