The school art is coming in from every direction. The hand-me-down clothing complicates wardrobe systems. And the overwhelming gift-giving throws toy organization out of whack. In today’s episode, regular contributors Jayme and Jennifer speak to their tips and tricks for managing all of the clutter in the house that comes with having young children. Plus, an update on Marie Kondo’s status of a tidy home with children–and how we feel about it!
If you haven’t already listen to Tuesday’s episode, we recommend starting there before hitting play on this one!
All month long we’re bringing back some beloved episodes from the early years of The Mom Hour – with fresh bonus conversations dropping every Friday on the same topic! Here’s a playlist of some of our very favorite classic oldies – and here’s a full list of every episode in chronological order.
- Follow Jayme Sherrod from The Mom Hour team on Instagram
- Follow Jennifer Carrol from The Mom Hour team on Instagram
- Listen to the Stuff, Junk & Things episode that inspired this one
- Jayme mentioned loving these magnet clips to keep kid artwork organized
- Jennifer recommends the book How to Keep House While Drowning: A Gentle Approach to Cleaning and Organizing.(This is an affiliate link)
- You may enjoy Stacy Bronec’s blog post Strategies For Sorting & Storing Kids’ School Papers & Artwork