Taking kids to Disney should be a magical experience, right? From meeting Mickey to flying on Dumbo, memory-making abounds. But LOTS of planning and strategizing goes into all that magic, and LOTS of parenting challenges present themselves inside the park gates. Today Sarah chats with Katie Gouldner from The Mom Hour team about the weeklong Disney trip she’s planning for later this spring. From rope-drop strategies to how to land the best dining reservations–it’s a lot! Katie then looks to Sarah for her best Disney parenting tips and advice for navigating long days at the parks with littles. Enjoy!
- You can get to know more about Katie Gouldner on instagram at @katiegouldner.
- We talked about how to use Genie+ for navigating long lines at various attractions at Disney. Learn more about this service in this article.
- Katie mentioned a few Disney-focused podcasts that’s helped her plan her family’s first trip.
- Rope Drop Radio (advice for which rides to use Genie+ for and what to rope drop in the parks)
- Addicted To The Mouse (great dining reviews)
- Here’s a link to all Dining at Disney World.
- Learn more about the four Disney World Parks and the two Disneyland Parks if you are on the fence about planning a trip to one or the other!
- Katie mentioned Hersheypark in this episode, which is a great amusement park for families.
- Disneyland With Littles: Where To Splurge, How To Save & How I Really Feel About Mouse Ears a blog post written by Katherine Devries has great info if you’re planning a trip to Disneyland.
- Meagan wrote About “Those Parents” At Disney in 2019. Check it out.
- Sarah recommends downloading the My Disney Experience App prior to your trip to get familiar with how to place food orders, average wait times, and more.
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply