Our habits around media consumption are as unique as each of us is–and, when you think about it, there are quite a few little details that go into how each of us decides when, how, and where to listen to a podcast or pick up a book–not to mention the actual what of the content itself. Today’s More Than Mom episode is a look at how Meagan and Sarah currently consume their listening and reading media, from bluetooth struggles to library holds. As we go, we’ll recommend some shows and titles we’ve enjoyed so far this year too. Join us!
Have you taken our 2021 Listener Survey? Please do, and thank you!
Sponsor Spotlight: Kids Short Stories
Kids Short Stories is a Top 10 Kids Podcast on Spotify and reaches thousands of families all over the world. The podcast features new audio adventures every day, and the stories are based on ideas sent in by kids and told by the host, Mr. Jim. Kids Short Stories podcast is available wherever you like to listen, or at kidsshortstories.org.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bev
Bev is a female-first canned wine brand. They have 5 varietals – rosé, sauv blanc, pinot gris, pinot noir, and a sparkling white. Go to DrinkBev.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout to get 20% off your first purchase plus free shipping.
Partner Offer: Parenting in Place
Parenting in Place is a live parenting masterclass series featuring parenting experts, therapists, authors, educators, and neuroscientists who’ve come together to share their very best strategies and ideas for thriving through this winter and spring. Go to themomhour.com/parentinginplace to sign up for 8 weeks of parenting help for just $49
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Meagan’s new podcast, Mother of Reinvention, just launched – check it out!
- We mentioned listening to podcasts on Pocketcasts and Spotify
- Podcasts we mentioned
- Books we mentioned
- The Outlander Series (affiliate link)
- The Psychology of Money: Timeless lessons on wealth, greed, and happiness by Morgan Housel (affiliate link)
- Keep Sharp: Build A Better Brain At Any Age by Sanja Gupta (affiliate link)
- Sarah uses Goodreads to track her books
- Meagan mentioned Nora Jane Struthers, a listener who is a musician
Photo by Debby Hudson on Unsplash
Leave a Reply