What’s the state of our wardrobes? Glad you asked. In Episode 139 Meagan and Sarah go Head-Shoulders-Knees-and-Toes through what’s working and what isn’t when it comes to style for us lately.
Find out what Meagan loves about having longish hair for the first time in a decade, why Sarah continues to struggle with leggings and can never find her socks, and hear our takes on two different popular online bra retailers. Plus Katie Addiss joins Sarah at the end for a fashion-related struggle, discovery, and success. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes is the industry leader in mailing and shipping solutions. No matter what you send, or how often, Pitney Bowes has the solution that precisely fits your needs. Plans start at just $5 per month. Visit pb.com/mom to learn more and try it FREE. Terms apply, see site for details.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hello Fresh
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that shops, plans, and delivers your favorite step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients so you can just cook, eat, and enjoy. Get $30 off your first week of Hello Fresh meals with promo code MOMHOUR30 when you sign up at hellofresh.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 139:
- Other “More-Than-Mom” episodes
- Jane.com (affiliate link / Sarah’s new go-to for really inexpensive trendy pieces)
- Sarah’s summer hat (left, below) and winter hat (right below)
- Infiniti Pro by Conair Instant Heat 20 Ceramic Flocked Rollers (Meagan’s new hot rollers)
- True&Co (the online bra retailer Meagan tried)
- Third Love (the one Sarah tried)
- Meagan’s go-to socks by Point6 and SmartWool
- Salomon Women’s Hime High Snow Boot (Meagan’s new boots)
- Fabletics Activewear
- Lucky Brand Women’s Basel Boot (Sarah has two variations on this ankle boot and loves them)
- Recent episodes about skincare, hair care, and beauty from our sister-podcasts in the Life, Listened network
- Women’s Wide Leg Floral Flare Palazzo Loose Yoga Pants (Katie’s sister wore these)
- Racerback Shift Dress (Katie mentioned this as her go-to black dress)
Take our listener survey!
Thanks so much for taking a couple of minutes to help us get to know you! Take The Mom Hour 2018 Listener Survey now.
Sarah…hearing you talk about your curly/wavy hair and all the trouble it takes makes me think you HAVE to give the CurlyGirl method a try. It was a true game changer for me, and after years of straightening, I love my curly/wavy hair. A DivaCut stylist is a great place to start, as this website https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/no-poo/the-curly-girl-method-for-coily-hair
Love your podcast, and now I need to go shopping to get all the things you mentioned.
Sarah Powers says
Andrea, thank you! I’m not even sure that my hair qualifies as truly curly. It has some curl and tons of body (aka FRIZZ), but it’s not uniformly curly. Still that sounds amazing and I’ll check it out. Maybe I just have never learned to embrace the waves! 🙂 Thank you!