Gift ideas for a second baby who wants for nothing, managing holiday hosting stress as a mom with a clingy toddler, tips for staying organized during the holidays, and standing your ground when extended family lays on the guilt. We answer these listener questions in this week’s holiday bonus episode. Join us!
Check Out Our Holiday Card By Olive & Jude
We partnered with twin mama, podcast listener, and designer Jenn from Olive & Jude on our custom, podcast-themed holiday card! We’ll be sending snail mail cards to our Producer-tier Patrons and our industry business partners, but wanted to share the adorable image with all of you here. (Jenn also designed the featured image for this blog post–how cute is it?!) Check out Jenn’s adorable shop for stationary and art prints at oliveandjude.com and find her on Instagram @oliveandjude.
Partner Spotlight: Shoot Along!
Are you ready to bust out your DSLR camera and learn to use it–for real? Shoot Along, an online photography community for parents, is here to help! Get weekly photography lessons delivered to your email PLUS membership in a private Facebook group where you can share your progress and connect with other participants. Listen to the episode for our special discount code and visit shootalong.com/themomhour to register for their January classes!
Sponsor Spotlight: ActionHeat
ActionHeat makes the world’s best heated clothing, powered by rechargeable batteries. It’s the perfect solution to keep you toasty and warm, even in the most frigid winter weather. Save 20% off your entire order of heated products for men and women when you order at action-heat.com/mom, or use the coupon code MOM at checkout to save 20%!
Sponsor Spotlight: Care/of
Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from effective, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code THEMOMHOUR.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- All our holiday-related podcast episodes are here
- Sarah and Katie did a baby, toddler, and little kid gift guide last year, and all the links have been updated!
- Sarah loved Erica’s self-care tips in The Girl Next Door podcast’s Holiday Self-Care & Vegas Christmas Lights episode
- In answering Eshana’s question about holiday organization, we mentioned our episodes about to-do lists and calendar management and productivity and time management, and we also have an episode about getting organized before the holiday craziness hits (maybe too late for this year, but still some great tips!)
- Sarah talked about the internet memes around “Don’t say ‘sorry’ when you mean ‘thank you'”. Here’s an example from Bored Panda, and another from Hello Sunshine