Whether you’re more structured like Sarah or intuitive like Meagan, your parenting decisions around screen media will likely evolve as kids get older, new tech emerges, and expert recommendations shift again (and again). Here’s a look at how our own feelings and approaches to screen time have changed over the years–and how you can lose the guilt and accept the journey for your own family. Join us!
- Cool Mom Tech, from the ladies of CoolMomPicks.com, always has great app roundups
- The CMP ladies are also behind the Facebook group Out Tech Your Kids, where Sarah lurks to get a sneak peek at the screen time issues facing parents of tweens and teens
- Although much of the info is dated now, Sarah loves the book The Case for Make-Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World by Susan Linn (affiliate link)
- Sarah also loves The Importance of Being Little: What Young Children Really Need From Grownups by Erika Christakis (affiliate link)
- Voices Episode 13: Becoming Screenwise with Devorah Heitner
- Devorah Heitner’s book Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World (affiliate link)