Introducing a new baby to a freshly-minted big sibling can be daunting, and it’s only the beginning of parenting siblings. Join Meagan and Edit Your Life’s Asha Dornfest, who are both now parenting teens and young adults, for a look back at how they managed new baby transitions with older siblings and how sibling relationships continue to evolve in new ways.
This episode is part of a host swap with our friends Asha and Christine of the Edit Your Life podcast. Hear Sarah talk about work-from-home productivity hacks in Episode 167 of Edit Your Life, available wherever you get your podcasts.
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Save The Children
Save The Children’s Read A Story, Change Their Story campaign gives moms like us a way to help kids in need. All you have to do is read with your little ones and log your time online, and generous partners will support Save The Children’s education initiatives with books for schools and other resources. Get started at at savethechildren.org/read.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hopster
Hopster is a subscription app for kids 2-6 where kids can access high-quality shows, learning games, fun music, and more. Head to hopster.tv, select USE VOUCHER, and enter code themomhour (all lowercase!) to get an extended 1-month free trial.
Sponsor Spotlight: Ana Luisa
Ana Luisa brings exceptional jewelry into the life of every woman, one collection at a time. Check their designs out at www.analuisa.com/themomhour and use promo code THEMOMHOUR10 for $10 off your purchase.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 212:
- Check out Sarah on Edit Your Life, chatting with Christine Koh about work-from-home productivity
- Hear Asha talk with Meagan about parenting older kids in Voices 31
- Asha was also a guest on our VERY FIRST Voices episode
- Asha referenced two books on parenting siblings, Siblings Without Rivalry, and How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, both by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish (affiliate links)
- Check out Edit Your Life wherever you get your podcasts, or at edityourlifeshow.com. They’re also on Instagram and Facebook
- Asha’s website, ashadornfest.com and her book, Parent Hacks