When do you decorate for Halloween or carve pumpkins? What costumes are allowed? And exactly how much candy do kids get to eat? As we’ve said before: You get to decide! And once you do, it cuts down on SO many battles and questions. In our latest “House Rules” episode, we’re sharing our listeners’ best arbitrary rules for trick-or-treating, choosing (and trying on) costumes, and more! Meagan and Sarah share how they’ve approached Halloween in their families, and talk about how some of their policies have evolved (or been eliminated!) as kids grow. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Shopkick
Shopkick is the fun and easy way to score FREE gift cards for the shopping you already do. Users earn “kicks” for doing things like walking into a store, scanning items, and making purchases. And then you can cash those “kicks” in for gift cards. Download the Shopkick app today and use the code THEMOMHOUR to get your first $5 gift card for free.
Sponsor Spotlight: KiwiCo
KiwiCo delivers hands-on science and art projects right to your door, perfect for a rainy day, a cozy fall weekend, or to have something to do together as a family. They have kits for every age from babies through adults! Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line with code THEMOMHOUR at kiwico.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Somfy
Somfy designs and manufactures all kinds of smart solutions for the home – motorized blinds and drapes, exterior awnings, rolling shutters and screens, and more. Go to somfysystems.com/podcast to connect with a Somfy dealer in your area or get a customized quote for your home.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Apply to be included in our Small Business Boutique
- Check out all our episodes and blog posts about Halloween
- Meagan’s essay “Yes, That Might Be My Teen At Your Door on Halloween”
- Get to know Kia, and the rest of Our Contributors
- Most of the House Rules we collected for this episode were comments on this post in our Facebook group
- Join our special Facebook Group for The Mom Hour Listeners (make sure to answer the questions to be approved!)
- Listen to our other episodes in the House Rules series