Welcome to our 3-part podcast series on creating holiday memories! This page combines the show notes for each of the three episodes into one easy list.
Part 1: Noticing
Moms are great at planning the holidays. Check-listing the holidays. Executing the holidays. But for those of us who want to create lasting holiday memories for ourselves and our families, it starts a much simpler place: noticing small moments of connection, beauty, and magic all around us. In this kickoff to our special series on Creating Holiday Memories, Meagan and Sarah offer our thoughts on the importance of noticing, and how busy moms can incorporate it into their holiday season this year.
Part 2: Appreciating
From structured gratitude practices to spontaneous texts, this time of year provides lots of opportunities to appreciate the moments–and the people–in our lives. In this second part in our special series on Creating Holiday Memories, Meagan and Sarah talk about cultivating a habit of gratitude and appreciation–for ourselves as well as with our families. Join us!
Part 3: Capturing
How can we capture sweet holiday moments even while they’re happening? What’s the balance between being the family documentarian and truly participating in the magic as it unfolds? In the final installment in our special series on Creating Holiday Memories, Meagan and Sarah offer easy ways to preserve those fleeting moments in writing, photography, video, and more–without stressing about perfection or performance. Join us!
Links we mentioned in the series:
- Download the Chatbooks app
- Sarah’s essay about noticing holiday decorations with little kids: Comet, The Red-Nosed Minivan
About Our Sponsor
Meagan and Sarah are longtime users of Chatbooks, the app that lets you create a beautiful photo book in minutes. Don’t miss their upcoming holiday sales! Get 20% off photo books from Nov 25th – Dec 4th, and 40% off holiday cards from Nov 25th – Dec 8th. To get started, download the app OR start creating from your laptop at Chatbooks.com. Be sure to mention you heard about Chatbooks on The Mom Hour in the post-purchase survey!
Other Episodes You Might Like
- Listener Questions (Holiday Edition, Vol.3): 2018 Holiday Special #4
- Books Talk: Our Favorite Holiday Picture Books
- Raising Readers & Our Favorite Holiday Books: Episode 186
- Experience Gifts That Last All Year (And Won’t Clutter Your House!)
- Loving The Holidays As A Divorced Mom, Single Mom, Or Blended Family: 2018 Holiday Special #3
- December Intentions For Busy Moms: 2018 Holiday Special #2
- Kids & Gift Lists: 2018 Holiday Special #1
- Holiday Travel & Visiting Relatives: Episode 182
- On Imperfect Gratitude
- Listener Questions (Holiday Edition, Vol.2): Episode 134
- Sane & Satisfying Holiday Entertaining: Episode 130
- Gift Ideas For Teens & Adults: 2017 Holiday Special #3
- Gift Ideas For Big Kids & Tweens: 2017 Holiday Special #2
- Gift Ideas For Babies, Toddlers & Little Kids: 2017 Holiday Special #1
- Routines, Rituals, and Traditions (Part 1): Episode 128
- Holiday Prep (Now!) For An Easier December: Episode 125
- Comet, The Red-Nosed Minivan
- Listener Questions (Holiday Edition, Vol.1): Episode 79
- On Greed and Gratitude: Episode 76
- Great Gifts For Moms (Any Time Of Year!): Episode 32
- Moms Deserve A Magical Holiday, Too: Episode 30
- Gifts That Go The Distance: Episode 28