Stephanie worries she didn’t “do enough” for her children this summer by way of plans, vacations, and educational activities. Sara asks if we have rituals for ourSELVES to mark the back-to-school season, and Caitlyn needs tips for encouraging a painfully shy kid to walk in the preschool door. Kaylee wonders how to transition from opting out of homework in the younger grades to helping an older elementary student learn to prioritize it. Finally, Melanie asks how to politely decline an invite to a party your child doesn’t want to attend (without lying). Join Meagan and Sarah as we provide reassurance and advice for this back to school season!
- Separation Without (Quite So Much) Anxiety: Episode 382
- Our team member Chaunie wrote 10 Things I’m Looking Forward To Doing The Day My Kids Go Back To School.
- For more on Sarah’s homework mentality, check out Homework: At What Cost? Episode 45.
- MORE listener questions from the archives
- Glad I Did / Wish I’d Done: Back To School: Episode 377
- Meagan’s hosting a retreat in October for mid-life moms. You can attend virtually or in person. If you use the code MOMHOUR you can get 15% off now through August 30.