The back to school season brings that sense of routine that some of us crave–but it can also bring on a whole lot of anxiety (getting the right supplies, attending all the events, filling out paperwork…the list goes on!). In this Glad I Did / Wish I’d Done episode, Meagan and Sarah reflect on all the things we’re glad we did to ease the transition into this season and also some things we could have done differently (or that we plan to try this year!). We share what to do with all those school supplies from one year to the next (Meagan is genius, really!), our approach for communicating with teachers, our thoughts on homework, how we plan to hold onto summer JUST a little bit longer this year, and more. Enjoy!
- Have a child entering kindergarten? Check out our Kinder Parent Primer filled with past episodes and blog posts all about kindergarten.
- Like this episode format? We’ve done episodes like this for Summer Planning and Tech & Devices.
- See a whole season at a glance with The Essential Calendar. You can save 10% with code THEMOMHOUR. (When you do, we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
- Check out some of our contributor’s blog posts from 2021 about Back to School:
- 10 Things I’m Looking Forward To Doing The Day My Kids Go Back To School
- Three Places To Declutter Before Back-To-School
- Preparing Your Preschooler For Big Kid School Experiences
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter