We’re so blown away by the response to our call for Contributors, Ambassadors, and a Content Manager. THANK YOU, friends. We’re getting lots of questions, so we wanted to answer some of them here:
- If you applied, we got your submission! Google Forms won’t email you, but it’s pretty reliable. If you’re wondering if yours went through, assume it did. Unfortunately we’re not able to reply to everyone checking in to see if their submission was received.
- Yes, the deadline has passed. Really. We are not accepting any more applications. We promise we’ll put out the word if we have opportunities again in the future!
- In the application we threw out the date July 5 as a potential start date for new team members. Don’t stress about this. We WILL be onboarding some positions in the month of July, but it’ll be gradual throughout the summer and that date is not a dealbreaker.
Thank you for your patience, and your interest in being part of our team! -M + S
The Mom Hour, a weekly+ conversational podcast that reaches hundreds of thousands of listeners each month, is growing! We’re looking to fill several roles that will help us achieve our mission of encouraging and supporting other moms with the message that it’s all gonna be okay. We’re looking for a diverse set of contributors with a variety of backgrounds and experiences and especially encourage women of color to apply.
Feel free to apply for just one role, or all three via the same application. We look forward to bringing new talent and personalities into our growing business, where the culture is supportive, flexible, and fun. Keep reading for details and submit your application by June 8 at 11:59pm ET!
A behind-the-scenes content expert who will help us shape, manage, create and execute new podcast segments, website copy, social posts, blog posts, and more.
Commitment: 12-15 hours per week
Compensation: Approximately $1000 per month | Contract/1099
This position requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with great writing and editing skills. You should be familiar with the parenting podcast landscape, responsive, able to communicate clearly with a team, and comfortable managing a team of contributors. While this isn’t primarily a public-facing role, there may be opportunities to have a voice both on The Mom Hour podcast, blog, and social channels. This position will likely grow in size and responsibilities over the next 2-3 years.
Content Manager Skill Set:
- Experience managing projects with multiple users/contributors
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of Canva (or ability to learn)
- Understanding of social media platforms, primarily Instagram
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, both independently and with teams
Content Manager Job Duties:
- Write and edit show notes and other content accompanying podcast episodes
- Use established brand kit to conceive/create images and graphics for show notes and social posts
- Manage blog editorial calendar; edit and publish contributor blog posts
- Act as contributor team leader: set tone for the team, promote The Mom Hour voice and values within the team, act as liaison between contributors and principals
- Help leverage podcast episodes into spinoff content ideas (blog, social, newsletter); keep an eye out for special content opportunities
A team of content creators who are willing to share tips, support, and encouragement with other moms via our content platforms: podcast, social, blog and beyond.
Commitment: 3-5 hours/month
Compensation: Approximately $100 per month | Contract/1099
Help grow The Mom Hour’s reach and impact by sharing helpful, engaging content about your own parenting struggles and successes. You’ll be a public-facing part of The Mom Hour brand, appearing intermittently on the podcast plus sharing content on our blog and/or social channels. Must be familiar with The Mom Hour’s tone and willing to expand on our mission of offering thoughtful, realistic, and non-judgmental, yet positive and encouraging parenting information, advice, and commiseration.
Contributors will be expected to produce a minimum number of content pieces on an agreed-upon schedule; additional opportunities to contribute more and earn per-project pay will likely become available.
Contributor Skill Set:
- You should be comfortable with a public-facing role, including self-promotion
- Expressive/comfortable in a variety of mediums. You may be called on to share a photo and story for our Instagram account, lend your voice to an episode of the podcast, or write a blog post for the website.
- We are looking for a diverse set of mom contributors with a range of experiences, lifestyles, backgrounds and family circumstances to feature. Personality and a willingness to share your story are crucial.
- You don’t need to be an excellent writer (we have editors for that!) but we are looking for contributors who can come up with content ideas, meet deadlines, follow direction and respond to feedback.
Contributor Job Duties:
- Contribute content on a regular basis in a variety of ways: social posts, blog posts, podcast interviews, video. Your actual content assignments may vary depending on your specific skill sets and interests, but you will need to be willing to try new things and contribute in a variety of ways.
- Follow deadlines and incorporate revisions and feedback
- Meet 1X monthly with team leader and other contributors to brainstorm ideas and plan content
A flexible opportunity open to all who want to help grow The Mom Hour by amplifying our content in specific ways when needed.
Compensation: A mostly-volunteer role, with potential to take on short-term paid projects and enjoy perks like product samples and special discounts
Ambassadors are listener superfans who want to help further The Mom Hour’s mission in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to) assisting in promoting and supporting sponsored campaigns. All skill sets, backgrounds, and experience levels are valued in this role! Opportunities will be at-will, intermittent, and compensation will vary from paid projects to product samples and special discounts. You can join the Ambassador Team and opt in or out of opportunities on a case by case basis, no obligation.
Ambassador Skill Set:
- Deep knowledge/understanding of The Mom Hour content and brand (you’re a superfan and feel like Meagan and Sarah are your friends!)
- Willingness to try new things, pitch in when asked (you can also always say no :))
- Good working knowledge of social media and social sharing norms; ability to share, comment, and engage with social content in a respectful, helpful, and friendly way
Ambassador Job Duties:
- Opt in or out to opportunities in a timely manner
- Fulfill project duties as assigned once you’ve agreed to help