There’s plenty to debate about the holidays in 2020 – and it doesn’t ALL have to be gloomy and stressful. We’re kicking off Thanksgiving week with very lively, mostly half-baked debates about holiday controversies that bear little consequence on anything. To find out whether we think eggnog is disgusting or delightful, who among us prefers multicolored exterior illumination, whether Baby, It’s Cold Outside is CANCELLED or actually feminist, and what we actually think of Love, Actually, join us for today’s silly and festive More Than Mom episode. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Canvas People
Got gorgeous photos taking up space on your phone? Turn a favorite picture into a beautiful piece of art with Canvas People. Get a 16×20 Canvas People print for FREE (you just pay shipping and handling) when you text MOMHOUR to 64-000
Sponsor Spotlight: Annie’s Kit Clubs
Annie’s Kit Clubs are a selection of 13 fun crafting subscription boxes. . From woodworking to beading, knitting to card-making, Annie’s has just the project for you. When you join one of Annie’s Kit Clubs, ready-to-go craft kits are mailed straight to your home on a regular basis—no prep work required. Go to THEMOMHOUR.COM/ANNIES to find three special offers for kit clubs we love, including the Young Woodworkers Club we featured in today’s episode.
Partner Spotlight: Parenting in Place
Parenting in Place is a live parenting masterclass series featuring parenting experts, therapists, authors, educators, and neuroscientists who’ve come together to share their very best strategies and ideas for thriving through this fall and winter. Go to themomhour.com/parentinginplace to sign up for 8 weeks of parenting help for just $39.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Follow us on social! We are on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Meagan mentioned this article from Persophone: Listening While Feminist: In Defense of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”
- And there’s also this one: from Variety: End the War on ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’! It’s Feminist — Really
- About That Maligned Christmas Tree (and That Owl) at Rockefeller Center (Ed Shanahan, NYTimes)
- Meagan talked about the Christmas tree plastic removal bag/skirt thing; Sarah had no idea what this was. Here’s an example!
- Don’t forget to check out our sponsor Annie’s Kit Clubs