Meagan and Sarah both live in beach towns – but very different ones. Today’s More Than Mom episode invites you to come to our areas for a visit – and head to the beach! We talk about what it’s like to live in a beach area generally, and in our towns specifically, and offer tips for making a day at the beach fit with your idea of fun (yes, even with kids!). From parking to hotels, what to bring and when to go, we have locals-only insights that will help you think through your next trip to the beach – even if it’s not to Santa Barbara or Saint Joe. We finish up the episode by talking about the beach-related products we’re using currently, as well as some we have our eye on. Happy Summer, friends!
Sponsor Spotlight: Quince
Quince is a one-stop shop for curated luxury goods, shipped direct from the world’s best specialist factories. Quince focuses on essential products with low design costs – cashmere crews, supersoft fleece pants, silk camis, down comforters, hotel-quality sheets, leather cross-body bags… womens, mens, home and accessories. For free shipping & 365-day free returns, just go to OneQuince.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Hiya Health
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins. For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com
Sponsor Spotlight: GoKidGo
GoKidGo is creating freely accessed narrative podcasts for children, including Bobby Wonder, a weekly adventure show for kids ages 6-11 that follows the adventures of a ten-year-old alien who shows kids how to feel confident and take chances. Visit gokidgo.com for more information and subscribe to Bobby Wonder wherever you get your podcasts
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
Amazon links are affiliates, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting the show!
- Sarah’s go-to beach flip flops are Havaianas
- Sarah uses this Tommy Bahama umbrella
- Sarah loves this LL Bean Tote for the beach and also uses a mesh tote bag similar to this one
- These lightweight Turkish towels from Riviera Towel Company is a local favorite of Sarah’s (and they ship!)
- Sarah uses these EasyLunch boxes 3-Compartment Bento Lunch Box and stacks up a few in a cheap insulated lunch bag
- These Old Navy Sunglasses are great to take along to the beach
- Meagan loves these Vionic flip flops for the beach
- Meagan has these folding chairs, but is looking to upgrade to Tommy Bahama Chairs
- Meagan has a lightweight beach blanket and a straw beach bag similar to this one
- Meagan brings along her UEBoom Speaker to play her beach playlist
- Some sunscreen recommendations from Meagan are the Sun Bum Face Stick and Sun Bum Scalp & Hair Mist, Hawaiian Tropic Spray, and Neutrogena Water Boost Hydro Gel Face Sunscreen