It isn’t always easy to appreciate the mundane tasks of our daily lives, or to see the glass half-full when something goes awry. Inspired by yet another social media trend that had us scratching our heads at first (and then reflecting in spite of our forty-something selves), today Meagan and Sarah talk about situations from our own lives where we romanticized the hard stuff to get by. Join us!
- Sarah recommends reading this New York Times article to better understand the phrase “romanticize your life.”
- Meagan read a newsletter article by our friend Amy Clark of Mom Advice which inspired this episode.
- Meagan interviewed Melody Warnick about placemaking, and how making a commitment to communities helps romanticize the hard stuff. Listen to the MOR episode on this topic!
- Sarah is rereading the book How To Raise An Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haimes (This is an affiliate link)
- We’d love to hear from you about how you’re romanticizing the hard stuff in your life! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org