We talk about raising kids on this show all the time, but we don’t always spend time talking about OUR kids specifically. In Episode 103 Meagan and Sarah discuss why it’s sometimes hard to talk about your kids without sounding like you’re bragging, especially as they get older. We then take turns sharing a few awesome things all of our (eight!) kids are up to lately. Join us!
Are you ready to bust out the DSLR camera this summer and really use it? Shoot Along, an online photography community for parents, is here to help! Sign up for their 8-week short course and get weekly photography lessons delivered to your email PLUS membership in a private Facebook group where you can share your progress and connect with other participants.
Visit shootalong.com/themomhour or use promo code THEMOMHOUR to save 10% ON SHOOT ALONG’s 8-WEEK COURSE!Registration is open now and the course begins June 12, 2017.
Also Thanks To…
BarkBox delivers natural treats and fun toys to your doorstep every month, keeping your dog entertained and you from forgetting to hit up the pet aisle! Meagan’s Moxie and Sarah’s Xander both loved their BarkBox surprises this month and we think your pups will too.
Podcast listeners can get one month FREE when you visit barkbox.com/momhour and sign up for a 6- or 12-month subscription.
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 103
- Make sure you’re following us on Instagram @TheMomHour for some fun photos and videos of our kids’ awesomeness over the next few days. We’d love if you shared your own “brags” and tagged us too so we can see what your kids are up to!
- Episodes you might also like:
Links mentioned in Sarah’s segment with Katie
- Why parents need a social media policy for babysitters and caregivers, and how to get started (Cool Mom Picks)
- 4 tips for creating a social media policy for your babysitter, nanny, or childcare provider (Cool Mom Picks)
- Call Me Elmo (referenced in Coffee + Crumbs) – iPhone app / Android app
- How to enable Guided Access (iPhone)
- Settings >> General >> Accessibility >>Guided Access (slide so “On” appears)
- Once you launch an app, enable Guided Access by triple clicking home screen button, and pushing “Start”
- End with fingerprint recognition or pass code entry on home screen button
- How to enable Screen Pinning (Android)
- How to play your “Memories” movies in iOS Photos
- Open Photos app
- Click Memories on the bottom row of options
- Click on any titled event to play
Kelli Stockford says
I LOVED this episode!!! I know that there are some parents who constantly brag about their kids and that can be annoying but I think it is a great thing to have others in your life you can brag about. I have a group of fabulous friends that our own ages range from almost 50-under 30. We all have kids spanning several ages from married kids to a 2 month old. We make it a point when we get together to ask about each other’s kids. We want to know the successes and concerns. It is a great way to not only give us a chance to be proud of our kids but also to be supported when we need it, have a cheering section in our parenting corner, and it actually gives each other’s kids more adults that know of their wonderful qualities and potentials. I think it builds strong communities and positive reinforcement for our families. Meagan- your son’s Yoyoing was such a reminder of my own son and his juggling! He didn’t stay with juggling long but moved to drums(not sure that was better) but now in college he has received many scholarships, played in symphonies, held workshops, written and performed his own music. The quality of determination pays off…might be loud but it pays off.