From Ma Ingalls to Claire Huxtable, Mrs. Pteranodon to Marmee March, we’re discussing our favorite moms from books, TV and movies this week on the podcast. We hope after listening you’ll be as nostalgic for classic literature as we are (and maybe that you’ll also want to binge-watch Arrested Development). Enjoy!
Featured Sponsor: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 25,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. We love that we can create a profile for each child that recommends books based on their reading level and tracks what they read and watch. The kids love that they’re free to browse and search for books on their favorite topics without mom hovering over their shoulder.
Sarah’s been using Epic! for homework help for her 4th grader, loving the read-aloud options for her preschooler, and even used Epic! for a bedtime story while traveling recently. Podcast listeners can get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Also Thanks To: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Books & Movies We Mention In This Episode
- Blueberries For Sal (Robert McCloskey)
- No, David! (David Shannon)
- Make Way For Ducklings (Robert McCloskey)
- Little Golden Book: Mommy Stories (Jean Cushman, Margo Lundell, Eloise Wilkin, Paul Meisel)
- Nurse Nancy (Kathryn Jackson)
- These Happy Golden Years (Laura Ingalls Wilder)
- Harry Potter series (J. K. Rowling)
- Ramona Quimby series (Bevery Clearly)
- Trixie Belden series (Julie Campbell Tatham)
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
- Little Women (1994 film version)
- Little Women (book)
- Almost Famous (movie)
- A Christmas Story (movie)
- A Wrinkle In Time (Madeline L’Engle)
- Beethoven (movie)
- Ivy & Bean series (Annie Barrows)