Parenting a strong-willed kid, handling criticism about your family size or kids’ spacing, the first signs of kid crushes and puppy love, and gift ideas for your kids’ grandparents. Meagan and Sarah take on these questions and offer our advice in Episode 176. Join us!
Our Patreon community is up and running! Become a patron (that’s a fancy way of saying you support us with a few bucks a month and in return get access to bonus content and exclusive community features) by signing up at patreon.com/themomhour. Can’t wait to see you in our Facebook group just for patrons!
Sponsor Spotlight: Boudreaux’s Butt Paste / Rash Kicking Kit
Butt Paste’s newly-launched Rash Kicking Kit comes with a handy silicone applicator and both their Original and Maximum Strength formulas, which are free from dyes, parabens, preservatives, and phthalates. Keep baby comfortable and pesky rashes at bay with this easy all-in-one kit! Available at Amazon.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Care.com
Whether you need childcare while you’re at work or want to line up a date night sitter, Care.com can help you find sitters and nannies, PLUS housekeepers, dog walkers, senior care, tutors, errand runners and more. Save 30% off a premium membership by visiting care.com/momhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 25,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Continue school learning and keep up with reading logs by making Epic! a part of your family’s back-to-school routine. Podcast listeners can get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 176:
- Last week’s Episode 175 was also a Listener Questions show
- All our Listener Questions episodes are available on this page
- Parenting A Strong-Willed Child (Aha! Parenting from Dr. Laura Markham)
- Why it’s good to have a strong-willed child, and why you should let up on them (On Parenting from The Washington Post)
- In our discussion of grandparent gifts we talked about Canvas People canvases (text MOMHOUR to 484848 to get a free one), Chatbooks photo books and Storyworth (sponsor link!), the service that prompts your loved ones to write down family stories and memories
- Our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide
Queue It Up
We talked about Holiday Prep NOW For An Easier December, Episode 125 from October 25 of 2017
Jane B says
Ah darn. The Epic promo code has expired already! Super bummed.