Losing your cool and yelling at your kids (how it happens to us ALL, how to prevent it, and how to cope after it happens), dealing with a pinching/biting 19-month-old, and extracting your family from a sticky situation with neighbor friends whose parenting style makes you uncomfortable. These listener questions PLUS a chat with newly-minted mom of two Alison–join us for Episode 175 of The Mom Hour!
Sponsor Spotlight: Hydralyte
Stock your medicine cabinet to prepare for those back-to-school cold and flu bugs! Hydralyte keeps kids and grownups hydrated safely, and with less sugar than leading sports drinks. Available on Amazon or at Hydralyte.com
Sponsor Spotlight: Hello Fresh
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that shops, plans, and delivers your favorite step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients so you can just cook, eat, and enjoy. Get $20 off your first three boxes of Hello Fresh meals (total of $60 savings!) with promo code MOMHOUR60 when you sign up at hellofresh.com/momhour60.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 25,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. Continue school learning and keep up with reading logs by making Epic! a part of your family’s back-to-school routine. Podcast listeners can get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 175:
- Shout-out to the Hill Country Casitas and Prep Dish for hosting us at the Prep Dish Podcaster Retreat this week!
- Mom Meltdowns, Oh No! (the VERY FIRST episode of The Mom Hour)
- All our listener questions are collected here
- Our Worst #MomFail Moments (episode 157)
- Ignore It!: How Selectively Looking the Other Way Can Decrease Behavioral Problems and Increase Parenting Satisfaction, (affiliate link) by Catherine Pearlman (listen to the Voices interview Sarah did with Catherine Pearlman here)
- Aha! Parenting from Dr. Laura Markham, Sarah’s favorite site about behavior and discipline
Queue It Up
Meagan recommended Episode 113 from August 2017, Defining Your Family’s Food Culture. Go check it out!
Listen to Alison’s segments with Sarah in Episodes 170 and 171 to catch up if you’ve missed. Be sure you’re listening to the Crunchy Cocktail Hour podcast to get to know Alison more, and following them on Instagram as well!