We’ve been to the beach and the pool with little kids…and survived! From what to take with you to how to carry it, from how to sit comfortably to the best ways to stay entertained, we’ve got you covered. Episode 214 is full of practical tips and our favorite products for beach days and pool trips with kids. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Save The Children
Save The Children’s Read A Story, Change Their Story campaign gives moms like us a way to help kids in need. All you have to do is read with your little ones and log your time online, and generous partners will support Save The Children’s education initiatives with books for schools and other resources. Get started at at savethechildren.org/read.
Partner Offer: FREE Photo Book From Chatbooks
We have a gift for YOU: $10 off a photo book from Chattbooks! Download the Chatbooks app or create an account at Chatbooks.com and use promo code THEMOMHOUR at checkout to get a 30-page soft-cover photo book at no cost (upgrades and shipping may apply; if you decide to make your book longer or add other upgrades, you’ll still get $10 off your total). Offer ends 6/30/19–hurry!
Sponsor Spotlight: Hello Fresh
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that shops, plans, and delivers your favorite step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients so you can just cook, eat, and enjoy. Get $80 off your first month of Hello Fresh meals with promo code THEMOMHOUR80 when you sign up at hellofresh.com/themomhour80.
Partner Offer: Jane
Jane.com is a boutique daily deals marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, home decor, and children’s clothing. With more than 350-500 deals daily, you can score great finds for yourself (like this Foldable Wide Brim Bow Visor that Sarah has!) and your family at fantastic prices. Shop our affiliate link at themomhour.com/jane–and thanks for helping support the show!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 214:
Amazon links are affiliates, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting the show!
- What To Sit On
- Meagan loves this beach chair and beach blanket
- Sarah likes this JJ Cole Outdoor Blanket
- These Summer and Rose towels from a FabFitFun box Meagan and Sarah got last year
- Sarah’s kids all have personalized towels from Pottery Barn Kids (which are also great for pool parties where kids get their towels mixed up!)
- What To Put All The Stuff In
- Sarah uses this LL Bean Tote for the beach, storage, and weekend trips
- Sarah has this mesh tote bag for the beach and pool
- Meagan has a bag similar to this market basket
- A listener reminded Sarah about her love for these easy-to-pack and fast-drying Nylon rip stop reusable grocery bags
- Recommended wagons from our Patreon Community
- What To Use for Shade
- How To Stay Entertained
- Sarah said this was the best pool purchase ever
- Sarah mentioned this ball and catch mitt was a great toy for the pool or beach
- Meagan loved having this mommy and me float
- For lake life, Meagan’s kids had fun on a floating mat like the The Original Aqua Lily Pad (or this one from Rubber Dockie, which is about half the price)
- Sarah saw kids with these zoodle pool noodles
- Sarah used a puddle jumper flotation device for her youngest
- Other Stuff We Mentioned
Queue It Up!
Featured podcast we think is worth checking out:
Amy and Margaret are both comedians and moms of three, but that’s where their similarities end. Margaret is laid-back to the max; Amy loves lists, research, and planning ahead. In each episode of What Fresh Hell they discuss a parenting issue from their usually-opposite perspectives, plus the accompanying expert advice that may or may not back them up. Check out Amy and Margaret wherever you listen to podcasts, or at whatfreshhellpodcast.com!