That feeling when summer has all but killed your morning mojo and you’re BEGGING for a fresh start? Yep, we’re there. Sarah’s kids are newly back in school and Meagan’s are gearing up, so this episode is all about resetting our mornings. We talk about what has worked in the past, what needs a reset this year or will be changing completely, and offer our best tips for getting out the door on time, feeding yourself and your kids, and how to fit exercise in with it all. (Kidding. We haven’t figured that part out yet, but we have much to say about the challenge!) Join us for Episode 222!
Sponsor Spotlight: Canvas People
Got gorgeous photos taking up space on your phone? Turn a favorite picture into a beautiful piece of art with Canvas People. Get a 11×14 Canvas People print for FREE (you just pay shipping and handling) when you text HOUR to 484848.
Sponsor Spotlight: Epic!
Epic! is a digital library of more than 35,000 ebooks, audiobooks, read-to-me books, articles, quizzes and videos for kids up to age 12. STEAM learning and Common Core-aligned content are perfect for back to school! Get 2 FREE MONTHS by using promo code MOMHOUR when you sign up at getepic.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: FabFitFun
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion and lifestyle products. Boxes retail for $49.99 but always have a value over $200, and the Fall box is shipping now! Use coupon code THEMOMHOUR for $10 off your first box when you order at www.fabfitfun.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: La Croix
LaCroix® Sparkling Water was developed to give health-conscious consumers refreshment, flavor, and sparkle with an innocent twist of zero calories, zero sweeteners and zero sodium. You already know that Meagan and Sarah are big fans–join us and the whole LaCroix community on social at @LaCroixWater, and for more information and where to buy, visit LaCroixwater.com
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 222:
- Sarah’s smoothies usually include: banana, kale OR spinach, assorted leftover fresh fruits/veggies that the kids won’t eat, Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Organic Açaí Purée Pack, assorted frozen fruit (berries, mango), flax seed OR hemp seed OR chia seeds, a scoop of almond butter OR half an avocado (for protein and smoothness), and as much almond milk as necessary to liquify it all
- We also talk about morning routines in Making Mornings Easier (Episode 67)
- Meagan is reading Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin (affiliate link)
- Sarah is reading Educated by Tara Westover
- Meagan also mentioned The Freedom Journal (affiliate link)