From helping a toddler adjust to a new baby, to coping with bickering, to creating a family culture that honors both individual kids and sibling relationships, parenting siblings is no small task. Join us for Episode 29 of The Mom Hour, where we get real about the dynamics among our own kids and share thoughts on raising siblings who like each other (well, most of the time).
Be The Best Parent You Can Be
Sarah is part of this FREE online parenting event throughout the month of December. Sign up here, and you’ll get expert interviews on all kinds of parenting topics delivered free to your inbox each day. You’ll also be invited to join a closed Facebook group where you can interact with the experts and continue your learning. Topics are geared toward expecting parents and parents of kids ages infant through six years old.
- Don’t forget! You can enter our Micro Kickboard Giveaway until 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, November 25. Check the show notes for Episode 29 for details.
- Mom-owned businesses, we’ve got a special deal for you! If you’d like to promote your business to our audience for a fraction of the normal sponsorship cost, email us no later than November 30: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products We Love + Thanksgiving Awesomeness:
Here are the products we talked about at the top of the show:
- Cuisinart CSB-79 Smart Stick 2-Speed 200-watt Immersion wired Hand Blender with Attachments
- Kitsch’n Glam aprons, like this one
- Wine Enthusiast 3-Pack Wine Glass Writer Metallic Pen
Since we decided not to do a Thanksgiving-themed show this week, we’ve rounded up a bunch of great posts and a few podcast episodes on the topic. Here they are:
- The Home Hour, Episode 43: Your Thanksgiving Questions, Answered (podcast episode Meagan and Sarah recorded last year at this time)
- Hosting Thanksgiving? How To Help Young Children Feel Included (Sarah)
- “How Do I Get All The Sides Finished At Once?” And Other Thanksgiving Questions, Answered (Meagan)
- 30 Ways To Get Ready To Host Thanksgiving (That Have Nothing To Do With Cooking) (Sarah)
- 8 Inspiring Quotes About Gratitude (Free Printables!) (Sarah)
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in Episode 30:
- Peaceful Parents, Happy Siblings (Dr. Laura Markham)
- Episode 6 of The Home Hour, where Meagan interviews Heather Shumaker, author of It’s OK Not to Share and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Competent and Compassionate Kids
- Happy Families Have Stories – Meagan’s post in response to the New York Times article by Bruce Feiler, “The Stories That Bind Us”
- My Kids Like Each Other…And That’s Enough (Meagan for The Happiest Home)
- Paper Swimsuits And The Stories They Tell (Meagan for The Happiest Home)