What do you do when your toddler has separation anxiety and being apart feels somewhat optional? A mom of a baby and a precocious toddler is looking for tools to help with emotional drop-offs at the church nursery. A mom with four young kids is desperate for a date night and looking for outside-the-box childcare solutions. Another mom whose age doesn’t match up with her friends’ wants help navigating the intersection of motherhood, friendship, and family planning. A part-time SAHM wonders if it’s normal to feel bored during long days with her toddler. (Spoiler alert: YES!) Meagan and Sarah give advice for ditching the guilt. We also send our love to a longtime listener who is struggling with setting healthy boundaries with Grandma. We tackle a lot of tough stuff in this episode of Listener Questions. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Bite
Bite makes dry toothpaste tablets that taste great and are made with clean ingredients, and no harsh chemicals, sulfates or artificial dyes or flavors ever. Go to trybite.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout for 20% off your first subscription order.
Sponsor Spotlight: Betabrand
Betabrand makes dress pants that feel like yoga pants, plus flattering tops, dresses, and more. Discover what it’s like to be comfortable AND confident all the time. Get 30% off your order at betabrand.com/THEMOMHOUR
Sponsor Spotlight: Hiya Health
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins. For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Sponsor Spotlight: Shopkick
Shopkick is the fun and easy way to score FREE gift cards for the shopping you already do. Users earn “kicks” for doing things like walking into a store, scanning items, and making purchases. And then you can cash those “kicks” in for gift cards. Download the Shopkick app today and use the code THEMOMHOUR to get your first $5 gift card for free.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Here’s our episode on Getting (And Giving) Help During Hard Times
- Check out all our episodes and blog posts about toddlers
- Listen to our series on Friendships in Motherhood: Part 1 and Part 2
- Listen to our series on Sitters & Caregivers: Part 1 and Part 2
- Can you relate to these questions? Pass along a note of support or commiseration by emailing hello@themomhour
- All of our Listener Questions episodes can be found here
- Our House Rules for Halloween episode is coming soon! Get a sneak preview in the comments on this post in our Facebook group