When you’re going through A Thing, what kind of help feels most…helpful? Is it practical stuff, like a delivered meal? Is it emotional support, or humor and distraction? And does the way you feel most supported influence the way you step up for your own friends? Meagan and Sarah tackle these questions and more in Episode 333, all about the ways we give and receive support during hard seasons of life and motherhood. We look at our own personalities, our relationship patterns, and how all of this has evolved over time. (We also have a couple of real-time on-air epiphanies!) Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: Armoire
Armoire is a designer women’s clothing rental service that’s all about helping you look and feel great while saving you time and money. With Armoire, you can rent high-end clothing at a fraction of the cost. Go to armoire.style/momhour to get 50% off your first month of clothing rental, plus a bonus item from Armoire.
Sponsor Spotlight: Quince
Quince is a one-stop shop for curated luxury goods, shipped direct from the world’s best specialist factories. Quince focuses on essential products with low design costs – cashmere crews, supersoft fleece pants, silk camis, down comforters, hotel-quality sheets, leather cross-body bags… womens, mens, home and accessories. For 10% off your first purchase of $100 or more, go to OneQuince.com and use the code MOM10.
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Cozi
Cozi is the #1 organizing app that families use to juggle school schedules, practices, meetings, carpools, and meal plans. The best part? It’s free! Download Cozi from the app store to get the free app and start organizing your family’s schedule today!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Esther Perel talking about comparative suffering on Brene Brown’s podcast, Unlocking Us
- Meagan’s selfie and essay about caring for yourself on IG
- We talk about our personality types in our Knowing Yourself As A Mom episode
- Listen to our discussion about Love Languages
- Ring Theory is the “dump out, comfort in” concept that helps you know the right things to do and say in a crisis
- Check out all our episodes on hard stuff
- More Listener Questions episodes are just around the corner! Send your questions to hello@themomhour (please write “listener question” in the subject line)