From the etiquette to expectations, gatherings are a two-way relationship between the hosts and the guests. In this flip side of last week’s episode on hosting, Meagan and Sarah are talking about our favorite types of get-togethers, the ways we try to be “good guests,” and our strategies for surviving social events (including the ones that feel high-stakes) with little ones. We point out how thoughtful preparation and honest communication–with our hosts, kids, and even ourselves–tempers the stress for everyone involved. To wrap it up, Meagan shares an important reminder AND a mantra moms can repeat when everyone’s on edge. Whether you’re getting ready for holiday parties or looking for tips that apply to any event, you’ll find lots of reassurance here. Enjoy!
- Listen to our episode on How We Host (And How We Don’t) As Moms Of Many Kids
- Check out our gift guides, Small Business Boutique, and more in our Holiday Headquarters!
- “Decide Once” is a Lazy Genius principle that works great for things like hostess gifts
- Here’s the backstory behind Meagan’s meltdown photo that became a viral meme.
- Share your house rules for playdates in our Facebook group.