From Halloween through New Year’s we’re given opportunities to create new traditions and fulfill holiday wishes – sometimes of our own design and, increasingly as kids get older, sometimes at our kids’ behest. This week Meagan and Sarah talk about the bell curve of holiday parenting: the early influence we have over just how things look and what fun is had, the middle dip as we learn to let go and kid-life dominates, and then the later years when we get to reclaim some control and design a season for our own desires. None of it is all-good or all-hard; but it changes over time and we’re here for your pre-holidays 2022 motherhood pep talk – wherever you find yourself on that curve. Join us!
About Our Sponsors
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going.
Use the promo code THEMOMHOUR for free shipping on vionicshoes.com.
CodeWizardsHQ is the leading online coding school for kids and teens ages 8-18. Their mission is to prepare students for success in the digital world by teaching them how to code.
Go to codewizardshq.com and use promo code MOMHOUR for $20 off your first month’s tuition.
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything.
Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Meagan wrote on instagram about how shopping for Halloween looks different with older kids.
- In our Facebook community there was discussion about the elf on the shelf; want to know our thoughts on it? This episode from the archives tells it like it is.
- We have you covered with Advent Calendar ideas in a recent blog post. Snag them before they sell out!
- We have a new subscriber community built right into Instagram! Listeners of the show can have more intimate conversations with us (and others), along with bonus content. Look for the Subscribe button here.
- Check out Sarah’s front yard decorated for Halloween this year (complete with a skeleton in a pool)!
Continue the conversation:
Instagram | Private Facebook Community (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
Leave a Reply