From bedtime fears to big kid bed transitions, nightwaking big kids and second thoughts about co-sleeping, we’ve covered a lot of sleep challenges over the years. Today we’re bringing together some of the most common pain points our listeners have brought to us about SLEEP, complete with updated commentary and a fresh take on what sleep challenges are like with tweens and teens. Join us!
About Our Sponsors
Ritual is formulated with key nutrients, including Vitamin D3, to help fill gaps in the diet. Ritual is now available for women, men, and teens, scientifically developed to help support different life stages including their bestselling prenatal multivitamin.
Get 10% off your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- We recorded this episode IRL! Check out this Instagram Live from our meetup!
- If you listen and one of the recordings was about your child we’d love to hear from you!
- Sarah mentioned her conversation with Dr. Catherine Pearlman on this recent episode.
- Laura asks for advice about strategies for helping her toddler who is afraid of ghosts and monsters at bedtime which originally aired in Episode 163.
- Brady asks about her six-year-old waking because he’s scared a few times a month which originally aired in Episode 242.
- Samantha asks for tips and tricks to make the transition to her one-year-old’s big girl bed easier which originally aired in Episode 111.
- New mom Amanda asks if Meagan or Sarah have experience co-sleeping and if they have advice on transitioning to a crib which originally aired in Episode 65.
- Meagan mentioned the books The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night by Elizabeth Pantley and The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child’s Sleep by Elizabeth Pantley
- More sleep challenges we’ve addressed over the years that we didn’t have time for today:
- In Episode 275, Sarah weighs in on a question about how to use an “okay to wake” clock with a clever three-year-old (skip to 34:00)
- In Episode 224, a new mom of twins helps us reminisce about infant nap schedules (skip to 30:30)
- In Episode 211, we discuss how (and whether) to stick to sleep routines while traveling or on vacation (skip to 28:30)
- In Episode 135 we help tackle the challenge of a toddler who won’t stay in his room at bedtime (skip to 06:50)
- Sign up for our email newsletter!