Asking for help with childcare, close friends with dramatically different parenting styles, handling kids’ big emotions with elementary school friendship struggles, and how to stop apologizing for where you are in life/motherhood and embrace the chaos with confidence. It’s another Listener Q & A show!
Topics discussed in Episode 52
Here are the four topics we discussed in this show. To listen to a specific one, just skip ahead in your media player or podcast app to the time indicated below.
- Asking for help with childcare, especially when extended family isn’t an option (or is complicated), plus ideas about babysitting co-ops, sitter-share arrangements, and more – 02:20
- When close friends have dramatically different parenting styles – to the point where it’s uncomfortable or unhealthy to continue to hang out regularly – 15:50
- Handling kids’ big emotions with elementary school friendship struggles (cliques and exclusion, “mean girl” relationships, etc.) – 24:15
- How to stop apologizing for where you are in life/motherhood and embrace the chaos with confidence – 37:45
Want to send us a question?
To send us a question or topic idea for the show, email email@example.com with the subject line “Topic Suggestion”. Or, if you want to be extra fun, record your question using Speakpipe! It’s easy and free and you can re-record as many times as you want. We’ll then feature your audio message on the podcast, call-in radio style!
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 52
- How to get our Summer Shortcuts eBook for free (hint: listen to Episode 51)
- The most stressful 8 minutes of my week (and why I changed my mind about them) – Sarah for The Happiest Home
- Episode 44 – What Are Your “Mom Superpowers”?
- Episode 42 – Parenting Through the Hard Times
- Episode 41 – the first time we did a “Listener Q & A” show like this one
- Episode 26 – Dealing with Criticism