Welcome to our two-part show all about personality types! In Episode 57 we discuss the general appeal of self-discovery and the lure (or, for some, skepticism) of personality tests and quizzes. We also discuss the concepts of introversion and extroversion, how neither of us fit a classic mold, and how our needs change over the course of motherhood.
Listen now using the player below (click here if you can’t see it), and read on for how you can take the same tests we took in time for next week’s big reveal show!
Online Personality Tests (Take yours – it’s fun!)
These are the tests we took, and we’d love you to take them too! Next week in Episode 58 we’ll reveal our results…
After you take the tests, we recommend the full Myers-Briggs type descriptions found here, a more in-depth explanation of the Myers-Briggs letters found here, and the descriptions of the nine Enneagram types found here (scroll to bottom of the page).
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 57
- Knowing myself, knowing others: my uncomfortable – but revealing – afternoon with the Enneagram (MeaganFrancis.com)
- Megan Tietz and her Sorta Awesome podcast co-hosts LOVE this topic. Check out their shows on Enneagram and Myers-Briggs types
- Our friends Kelsey and Erica of The Girl Next Door podcast helped inspire this show with their Personalities & More Compari episode
- On The Happiness Project Gretchen Rubin defines her four tendencies framework here, and has a fun quiz to determine yours here
- Meagan’s articles at QuietRev.com, and Susan Cain’s book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking