When it’s your kid starting preschool or kindergarten for the first time, every detail seems mission-critical. But having sent our kids off to new classrooms year after year for quite a while now, we’re here to tell you: It’ll all be OK.
In this fun addition to our “Things We Shouldn’t Have Freaked Out About” series, Meagan and Sarah look back at the things we fretted over when our kids went off to school for the first time. With the benefit of hindsight we’ll help ease your mind about everything from potty training your preschooler to finding all the school supplies on that crazy list.
Congrats to listener Tara who was randomly selected to win the back-to-school prize packages! Be sure to check out these great brands for fun, affordable products for toddlers and preschoolers!
Links we mentioned, or should have, in Episode 62:
- Things We Shouldn’t Have Freaked Out About: New Mom and Toddler Editions
- The episode we did last year about Choosing The Right School For Your Kids
- Debunking The Myth of the “Good School Mom” (Episode 21)
How to win our Back-to-School GIVEAWAY!
One lucky listener will win our amazing giveaway package, valued at more than $230, that includes the following products (shown clockwise in image above):
- Bumpit Bowl, the food bowl that won’t get knocked over
- Quilted Nap Mat from Janiebee, personalized with your child’s name
- Orbit Labels from Inchbug, also personalized with your child’s name
- WOWBUTTER, (a taste and texture just like Peanut Butter, and safe for nut-free schools!)
- Your choice of jacket & mittens from the Liam & Isla Snap Collection
To enter, just leave a comment here on the show notes (click here to get there if you’re reading this by email). We’d love to hear what you thought of the episode, and whether you’re signed up to receive our emails. Be sure to leave a valid email address when you submit your comment.
Content runs through Wednesday August 10 at 11:59pm. Winner will be contacted by email and will have 24 hours to claim her prize. ****UPDATE: Winner has been chosen and claimed her prize. Congrats, Tara!*****