If you’re a longtime listener, you know that Meagan and Sarah like to occasionally set aside issues of parenting and family life and talk about all the other things making them happy: books, movies, podcasts, style, food, and creative pursuits. In this week’s show we kick off a new semi-regular series where we do just that. We’re calling it The More-Than-Mom Hour!
We’re thinking of doing an episode like this once every couple of months to give listeners a peek into what we’re watching, listening to, reading, creating, wearing, eating and thinking about. Let us know what you think!
Links we mentioned in Episode 66
- Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed by Jessica Lahey
- The Importance of Being Little: What Preschoolers Really Need from Grownups by Erika Christakis
- Dopamine by BØRNS (the band Meagan went to see)
- Spring Awakening (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- NPR Politics Podcast
- The Girl Next Door Podcast
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ
- Magic Lessons podcast and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Target shorts! We’re pretty sure we both have these (left, below), and Sarah has some similar to these (right, below). Meagan was excited about the 4″ length options this season too.
- Fabletics tops and Victoria’s Secret lace bralets, similar to those pictured below
What are you listening to, reading, watching, wearing, or creating lately? Do you like this episode format? Let us know in the comments!
Amazon links are affiliates. That means that at no extra cost to you you’ll be helping the show if you click through and decide to make a purchase. Thanks!
Yes! Loved the format of this show. I think episodes (and posts) like these are great for transitioning from one season to the next – gives a wrapup of life lately and a look ahead to the season to come.
ps. Those Target shorts are super cute!
Jacquie Kush says
Love this topic. I enjoy the mom-topics, but the break is nice. I am always on the lookout for new media to consume or shorts to buy! I have been getting back into reading fiction and loved The Nightingale. I was semi-neglecting the kids in order to keep reading it and that hasn’t happened in ages.
Meagan you might enjoy The Story of Land and Sea by Katy Simpson!
I really enjoyed this episode! Well let’s be honest, I love all of your episodes! I thought becoming a mom would be a little more natural, but in reality it is a lot of learning along the way! I love to gleam any kind of advice and welcome all tips! This episode was extra fun! I am a mom and need all the help and advice I can get, but I am also a woman! It was exciting to break away for a minute from your normal great messages and hear other things about your lives, which made me think a little bit more about my life!
Just finished listening to this episode, and it is one of my favorites – like listening to friends (while I’m cleaning my house :)). Please do more of these – maybe seasonally or more if you run out of other topics. Thanks!