All the holiday cards arriving in the mail this month have us thinking about family portraits, taking photos (or having them taken) of our kids, and documenting life with little ones throughout the year. In Episode 81 we talk about how to take better photos of your kids (with the camera you already own), why school pictures are still a thing, when and how we’ve chosen to spring for professional photos, and how we manage to capture events like school plays and birthday parties without feeling like we spend the whole time behind the camera.
Next week we’ll have a follow up podcast episode all about what we DO with the photos we take – including tips for storing, organizing and creating keepsakes with your family photos. So check back here for Episode 82!
- Shoot Along 2017 – use Promo Code THEMOMHOUR at checkout to save $25!
- The Mom Stays in the Picture (Allison Slater Tate)
- A Thousand Stories (Rebecca Woolf / Girl’s Gone Child on her approach to photography)
- Meagan’s interview with photographer Chookooloonks’s Karen Walrond on The Home Hour in 2015
- Sarah’s DIY family’s holiday card photo this year (see below)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter