Big black trash bag energy is in full effect over here! In this episode Sarah is joined by contributor Joanna Martin for a conversation about how, why and what we are getting rid of this January. We talk strategic home resets, major junk-hauling, and tips for ongoing clutter maintenance. And while on the surface this episode is about physical stuff, we also acknowledge the emotional complexity that surrounds getting rid of stuff. Enjoy!
- Follow Joanna’s 2023 home reset progress in this highlight on her Instagram
- Joanna follows Kathryn Whitaker on Instagram for inspiration for home decluttering
- Joanna enjoyed the book Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider (affiliate link)
- Sarah’s recent decluttering involved 1-800-Got-Junk
- We discussed consignment stores like Once Upon A Child and Kid To Kid, which have locations in several states, as well as Thred Up for online consigning
- Sarah liked using Pickupplease.org which is available in many cities to schedule a pickup donation.
- Joanna loves to follow Kate Strickler’s Naptime Kitchen account on instagram and enjoyed The Home Reset, a practical course by Naptime Kitchen created for decluttering and organizing a home.
- Both Sarah and Joanna use Buy Nothing to get rid of stuff.