Meagan and Sarah talk about what podcasts WE listen to in this week’s More Than Mom episode! After a dry spell of discovering new audio shows, we each have a few new favorites–and they’re outside of the motherhood/parenting sphere. We’ll tell you what podcasts they are, who we’d recommend listen to them, and where to start for maximum enjoyment. Join us!
Call For Listener Questions!
We’re prepping our next Listener Questions episodes, and we’d love to hear your submissions. Record yourself using your phone’s voice memo app and email the file to email@example.com, or use Voxer or Speakpipe to send us a voicemail. For the best chance at hearing your question answered on the show, check first to see if we’ve covered it, keep it advice-oriented/specific, and be sure to give enough detail that we can weigh in. Can’t wait to hear your questions!
Sponsor Spotlight: FabFitFun
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion and lifestyle products. Meagan and Sarah shared their excitement about the Fall box, which is shipping now! Boxes retail for $49.99 but always have a value over $200! Use coupon code THEMOMHOUR for $10 off your first box when you order at www.fabfitfun.com.
Meagan’s Podcast Picks:
- ZigZag, from Stable Genius Productions (recommended: start at the beginning)
- Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman (recommended: pick a company/interview guest that interests you and start there)
- Mother Like A Boss with Kendra Hennessey (recommended: we love Kendra’s solo episodes, and the back to school organization one, but watch for an interview with Meagan coming soon, and Kendra was also a guest on The Home Hour last month!)
Sarah’s Podcast Picks:
- Dirty John, from Wondery and the LA Times (recommend: you MUST start at the beginning and listen in sequence from the oldest episode to the newest!)
- Pop Culture Happy Hour from NPR (recommended: the longer episodes that include the “What’s Making Us Happy” segment are Sarah’s favorites, but you don’t need to listen in order)
- The Goop Podcast (Sarah doesn’t listen to every one, but liked the Oprah interview and L-O-V-E-D the Sarah Jessica Parker interview)
Other podcasts we love (but may not have had time to mention):
- How I Built This with Guy Raz (similar to Meagan’s pick Masters of Scale)
- Up First from NPR (Sarah gets her morning news from this podcast, and we also hear good things about The Daily from The New York Times)
- Serial (Season One) and S*Town are both great if you haven’t already listened
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
- #AmWriting with Jess & KJ
More awesome podcasts for moms that you might like if you listen to our show:
We did not spend a lot of time discussing podcasts that are similar to ours because we’ve talked about them before, and they’re relatively easy to discover if you’re already into fun/encouraging parenting content. If you haven’t checked them out already, we highly recommend these, many of which are hosted by our good friends and colleagues in the industry:
- The Girl Next Door
- Edit Your Life
- What Fresh Hell: Laughing In The Face Of Motherhood
- Spawned with Kristen & Liz
- The Coffee + Crumbs Podcast
- Sorta Awesome
- Just Add Sprinkles
- The Middle of Everything
- The Home Hour
- Crunchy Cocktail Hour
- Forever 35
Don’t forget to leave reviews for your favorite podcasts! Here’s a guide on how to leave an iTunes review on both desktop and mobile.