From spiced nuts to festive cocktails, traditional meat-and-sides dinners to nostalgic or cultural throwbacks, holiday menus are wide open for interpretation. In this More Than Mom episode, Meagan and Sarah chat about the holiday food memories we carry from childhood, how those patterns changed as we formed our own families, and what a typical Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meal looks like these days. We share favorites and recipes, along with family quirks and fuzzy memories; it’s a fun one–join us!
- Sarah’s family is obsessed with this pickled shrimp recipe
- Meagan makes this baked eggs recipe she found on Martha Stewart
- Meagan has also made a French toast casserole like this one using day-old Jimmy John’s bread
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Frango Mints from Macy’s
- Meagan’s family has loved getting gift baskets from Wolferman’s
- Risamalande is a Danish rice pudding dessert–with a traditional Christmas Eve “game” of one lucky bowl containing a whole almond. You can read more about it here.