As 2021 winds down, we’re looking at the habits we picked up – intentionally or accidentally – in the past year. Some habits we stuck with and feel great about; some didn’t serve us as much as we thought they might. We celebrate some areas where we totally nailed it this year and get real about the not-so-healthy habits that crept in, too. From self-care and big improvements, to tech use and baby steps, we look at the different ways our habits showed up in 2021, acknowledging that you don’t have to stick with something for 365 days for it to make an impact. We also laugh about the things Meagan does in bed . . . and the new things she wants to try (wink, wink). We end on a hopeful note, with some early thoughts on 2022 intentions (and lots more to come). Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Scholastic
“The Christmas Pig” is the newest book from J.K. Rowling. It’s about a boy named Jack who loves his childhood toy pig, until one Christmas Eve his treasured toy is lost. But Christmas Eve is a night for miracles and lost causes, a night when all things can come to life . . . even toys. Get The Christmas Pig today! For more information, go to Scholastic.com/christmaspig
Sponsor Spotlight: Scooter Badge
Scooter Badges instantly turn any regular old kick scooter into a NICK scooter with their exclusive and officially licensed line of Nickelodeon character badges. Badges cost are the perfect stocking stuffer, birthday present, or party favor. Go to Scooterbadge.com and get 3 badges for just $12 until midnight on December 19, 2021.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bite
Bite makes dry toothpaste tablets that taste great and are made with clean ingredients, and no harsh chemicals, sulfates or artificial dyes or flavors ever. Go to trybite.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout for 20% off your first subscription order.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Sarah talked about her planner / goal setting / Todoist habits when she was a guest on this episode of Best Laid Plans with Sarah Hart-Unger
- Big fans of this Q&A a Day Journal for Kids and the 5-Year version for grownups
- We still love popping into our listener group on Facebook!
- We’re throwing it WAY back with this episode: Your Media Diet: Is It Healthy?
- This is how Sarah’s family does family meetings
- We’ve said it before: Decide Once is a Lazy Genius principle we can get behind
- Meagan dipped her toe into TV-watching with: The Queen’s Gambit, Ted Lasso, and The Shrink Next Door
- The episode where Meagan’s Voices interview on Running Marathons & Raising Boys
- Meagan’s Mother of Reinvention episode with Amy Clark about her book club
- Discover gift ideas and holiday inspiration over in our Holiday Headquarters
- Listen to our other episodes on habits: Podcast Listening and Book Reading Habits, 10 Habits of Happy Home Managers, and Small Habits That Make a Big Difference