It’s always a toss-up: when discussing a new topic, will Meagan and Sarah be EXACTLY ALIKE (to the point that it’s almost weird) or TOTALLY OPPOSITE? Turns out when it comes to our fantasy kitchens, we have a lot in common. Join us for a fun More Than Mom deep dive into the kitchens we grew up watching on television and in movies, thoughts on current home design trends and how we feel about them, and what our dream kitchens would look like. Enjoy!
Have you taken our 2021 Listener Survey? Please do, and thank you!
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com
Sponsor Spotlight: Hiya Health
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins. For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Sponsor Spotlight: Nest Designs
Nest Designs creates high-quality baby products that fit seamlessly into the modern mama’s lifestyle. Design with functionality and longevity is their priority and serves at the motivation in the product line. For 10% OFF go to nestdesigns.com and use promo code MOMHOUR
Sponsor Spotlight: Kids Short Stories
Kids Short Stories is a Top 10 Kids Podcast on Spotify and reaches thousands of families all over the world. The podcast features new audio adventures every day, and the stories are based on ideas sent in by kids and told by the host, Mr. Jim. Kids Short Stories podcast is available wherever you like to listen, or at kidsshortstories.org.
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in this episode:
- Meagan mentioned this article when we talked about those gorgeous movie kitchens from the 90s and 00s: Nancy Meyers’s Kitchens: A Love Letter in 7 Photos (Olivia Hosken for Town & Country)
- Sarah found this article with more TV kitchens we remember, including Family Ties, The Cosby Show, and Mad About You: 15 TV Kitchens We d Love to Cook In (Kristin Appenbrink for People.com)
- Sarah has this book by Joanna Gaines: Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave (affiliate link)
- Sarah loves following @houseandgardenuk on Instagram
- Sarah also loves the Living with Kids house tours on Design Mom and also the house tours on A Cup of Jo
Images we talked about in today’s episode:
Cover Photo by Collov Home Design on Unsplash
Leave a Reply