Got resentment? Managing anxiety? Filled with hope? You’re not alone. The holidays provide a colorful snack platter of emotions – many of which we experience within a single day (or even moment!). Today it’s our honor to bring you the voices of eight moms, each of whom explores a different holiday feeling: anticipation, overwhelm, nostalgia, grief, anxiety, wonder, resentment and hope. In addition to our contributing voices, Meagan and Sarah also chat about our own hopes and feelings about Holiday Season 2022. Grab a cozy warm beverage and settle in!
About Our Sponsors
Links We Mention (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- We have Gift Guides for just about anyone on our Blog this holiday season!
- Don’t miss our Instagram live on Wednesday, December 14. It’s all about our fun, fluffy holiday habits!
- You can read the essay Sarah wrote for The Happiest Home Blog in 2012 (and published in The HuffPost in 2013) about the emotional experience of being a mom and feeling responsible for creating new, family traditions during the holidays. Or you can listen to it here.
- The following Mom Hour Contributors are featured in this episode
- Jennifer Carroll, mom to twins from Oklahoma, read her essay, Anticipation
- Stacy Bronec, mom of 3 from Montana, read her essay, Overwhelm
- Emily Roark, mom of 3 from Indianapolis, read her essay about Nostalgia
- Kia Hammond, mom of 4 from Central Pennsylvania, read her essay, Grief
- Joanne Ruelos Diaz, mom of 2 from New Jersey, read her essay, Anxiety
- Chaunie Brusie, a mom of 5 from Michigan, read her essay, Wonder
- Joanna Martin, mom of 3 from Dallas, read her essay, Resentment
- Sandy Hsu, mom of 2 from from LA, read her essay, Hope