We get a ton of listener questions on the topic of sending kids off to kindergarten–how to know if they’re ready, what to do about those tricky summer birthdays in terms of sending a kid or holding him back, and how to prepare kids to be successful as they transition into elementary school.
Lucky for you all, this month’s Voices interview features kindergarten teacher and mom of two Kelly Hiltz, whose experience in the classroom and as a parent brings a calming voice of reason to this often amped-up topic. Join Sarah and Kelly as they discuss all things kindergarten, plus offer more general thoughts on how to develop a great relationship with your child’s teacher no matter what year of school they’re in.
- Chatty Sisters Podcast, the show Kelly co-hosts with her sister Caroline
- @ChattySistersPodcast on Instagram
- All school-related episodes of The Mom Hour are on this page
- Sarah highly recommends this book on early childhood education by Erika Christakis (affiliate link): The Importance of Being Little: What Young Children Really Need from Grownups
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply