Bianca Dottin’s second pregnancy was long-awaited and relatively drama-free. But when baby Tristan arrived at 34 weeks and was admitted to the NICU unable to breathe on his own, it was clear that her life was about to change. In this month’s Voices interview episode, Bianca shares her NICU story with Sarah, including how 6 months in the NICU inspired her to start a community and collection of resources to support other moms with babies in the NICU.
A note from Sarah: This episode includes a beautiful and authentic story of infant loss, grief, and healing. We hope you’ll listen, but wanted to give a heads up so that those of you for whom hearing about traumatic birth experiences or infant loss will bring up feelings of anxiety or pain can make the decision of whether to listen or not. If you’re having feelings of anxiety about your pregnancy or your baby’s health, we recommend listening to this interview from last month, and speaking with your healthcare provider to get the support you deserve.
Sponsor Spotlight: Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
Butt Paste’s newly launched Rash Kicking Kit comes with a handy silicone applicator and both their Original and Maximum Strength formulas, which are free from dyes, parabens, preservatives, and phthalates. Keep baby comfortable and pesky rashes at bay with this easy all-in-one kit! Available at Amazon.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Campaign Living
Campaign makes sofas, chairs, loveseats, and ottomans that are built to last. Their furniture is made using quality materials, arrives in just a few days in a flat-packed box, and is designed to assemble in just a few minutes. We love the look of their pieces, and the easy-to-remove covers (because LIFE). Check out CampaignLiving.com to see what we’re excited about, and save $75 off any sofa, loveseat, or chair when you use code MOM at checkout.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Bianca’s website for NICU mamas and those who want to support them: mamasofthenicu.org
- The online support group we talked about happens in the Mamas of the NICU Facebook group
- The Mamas of the NICU Facebook page
- Bianca’s lifestyle blog is biancadottin.com
- Mamas of the NICU on Instagram
- Purchase or donate items to a NICU Survival Kit for mamas here
- Purchase a NICU Mama journal here
Additional resources on infant loss and the NICU experience:
- 8 Emotions You Feel After Suffering The Loss Of A Child (BiancaDottin.com)
- 6 Healthy Ways to Grieve (BiancaDottin.com)
- 5 Things No One Tells You About Being a NICU Mom(BiancaDottin.com)